Meeting Minutes

July and September Meeting Minutes Pending. We had no August meeting.

Wells Village Library Trustees

Regular Meeting

Date: June 2, 2020

Time: 7:00pm

Meeting Minutes

1. Call to order

  • Michelle called the meeting to order at 7:05pm.
  • Present: Michelle Bates, Amanda Butler, Annie Constantinos, Lisa Mattison, Carol Shattuck and Gina Ellis

2.  Additions, deletions, changes to agenda

  • Library summer hours
  • Book sale

3. Consent Agenda

  • Librarian’s Report – Gina reviewed her monthly report, previously shared with the board by email.
  • Treasurer’s Report – Lisa reviewed her monthly report, shared with the board by email.
  • Approval of the Minutes of May 5, 2020.
  • Annie made a motion to accept the consent agenda. Carol seconded the motion. The motion carried.

4. Public Comments

  • None present.

5. Old Business

  • Book sale – Given the corona virus concerns at this time, we have decided to cancel the library’s annual book sale. At future meetings we will revisit options for mini-sales as the situation progresses.
  • Curb side service
    • Gina will be working on getting curbside and delivery options up and running the week of June 8th. Annie will help with deliveries.
  • Reopening library
    • Gina will work on reopening the library when she is satisfied that the personal protective equipment, disinfecting supplies and procedures are in place to protect staff and patrons to the greatest extent possible. She will communicate with the community when she is ready to open.
  • Fundraising
    • Michelle has received donations of masks at her farm stand. She is selling them and using them to raise funds for the library and other charities.
    • We discussed some other potential fundraising ideas. Gina is going to draft something and bring it to the next meeting.

6. New Business

  • Library summer hours
    • We agreed to adjust the library hours moving forward to: 9am-1pm Mon, Tues & Sat and 3pm-7pm Thurs. Sun, Wed, Fri closed.
  • Sending ILL books back
    • Gina will be reaching out to sending libraries to see if they are now begun accepting the return of books. 
  • Contact Edgar Corey
    • The Board recommends that Gina contact Edgar to introduce herself and get his perspective on some minor library facilities concerns.
  • Summer programs
    • Gina will think about take-home options for children and families for the summer.

7.   Next regular Board meeting: (anticipated 7/7/20 at 7:00pm)

  • If the weather is nice on July 7th, we will try to hold the meeting outside on the library green. If there is inclement weather, we will meet inside.

8.  Adjournment

  • Annie made the motion to adjourn the meeting. Carol seconded the motion. The motion carried and the meeting was adjourned at 8:09pm.
%d bloggers like this: